skip to main |
skip to sidebar
So I am sure you have seen this tag thing going around and now I have been tagged
I think it's a cool way to get to know your fellow bloggers so I will play along
I was tagged by the wonderful Chelsea over at Sunny with a Chance of Sprinkles
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
6. No tag backs.
7. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Facts About Me:
1. I'm a Virgo but don't have many characteristics of one
2. I can touch my tongue to my nose
3. When I was in school my grade coincided with the year (e.g. 1st grade in 1991, 6th grade in 1996 & 12th grade in 2002)
4. My boston terrier Ruby is the 1st small dog I have lived with. I grew up with Rottweilers and the first people I lived with after high school had Pit bulls.
5. I was a waitress at Chili's for 3 years
6. I was a nanny for twins
7. On the subject of jobs- I had 7 tax returns one year from 2 different states. They were all small though
8. When I was growing up my family ran an aerospace technology company so I was dragged to lots of air shows
9. My husband and I went to our senior prom together
10. Since I had a baby, my right foot is about half a size bigger than my left
11. I don't claim to have a favorite color because it is always changing
1. What's one embarrassing habit you have?I tend to leave my clothes in a pile exactly where I took them off which drives my husband crazy
2. Do you have a lucky number? If so, what is it? I used to always say it was 19 but for no real reason except for liking it but now it is truly my lucky number because I gave birth in room 1519 at 12:19 pm. It was there all along, I just didn't know why.
3. New years resolutions: lame or are you planning on making some?I like resolutions. I definitely plan on making a few.
4. What's your favorite hair care product? Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid
5. 2%, 1% or skim? If I'm putting it in something, skim. If I'm drinking it straight I'd prefer 2% or whole
6. Pepsi or coke? coke
7. Have you ever been out of the country? Where did you go?Yes but never overseas. Canada, Mexico, Cayman Islands, Honduras, Belize and St. Lucia
8. Would you ever date/marry someone taller than you? Yes I'd perfer them to be a little bit taller. My husband is only 4 or 5 inches taller than me so we see almost eye to eye when I'm wearing heels.
9. Whats your favorite part about blogging?Having a network of people who are in similar stages of life that I am and being inspired by them and hopefully inspiring them in return.
10. Which is your all-time favorite blog read? Pacing the Panic Room
11. What book are you currently reading?I just finished The Night Circus which was amazing. Now I am rereading the 1st Hunger Games because now that I'm not anxious to get through it I can pay more attention to the details. I am also reading Making the Terrible Twos Terrific.(I'll let you know how that goes.)
1. What is the best gift you have ever given?
2. Has anyone ever thrown you a surprise party?
3. Are you excited about getting older or terrified?
4. What was your favorite game when you were a kid?
5. How old were your when you got your driver's license?
6. Do you remember your first kiss?
7. Do you prefer skirts/dresses or pants?
8. Who is your celebrity crush?
9. Is there a celebrity you can't stand?
10. What's your favorite comedy?
11. Do you watch awards shows? Which ones?
Tag Your It!
Melanie,Joanna,Sandra, Mama Bug, Geeky Love, Miranda, Jen, Lauren, Melissa, Elizabeth and Jennifer.
I hope that everyone had a lovely Christmas, I know we did. Although it was a bit of a whirlwind with having the boy's birthday party on the 22nd. It was actually nice to take a bit of a break from cooking & cleaning yesterday. All the chaos even caught up with Aubs by Christmas day, she was clearly cranky while opening presents. She doesn't really get the whole opening presents bit yet. I know most kids have it down by her age but she could really care less, which I guess is kind of a good thing.
On Christmas Eve we went to my mother in-laws for a big Italian feast. My favorite thing that she cooks every year is shrimp and lobster fra diavolo and rice balls- so freaking good! The food was definitely amazing but the highlight of the evening was my father in-law dressing up as Santa.
This was the first time he had done this but I'm sure it is going to be a tradition. Being his first time, there were a few hiccups. They don't have a fireplace so he decided to come out of the attic door in the garage instead. He was suppose to tap the trap door with his foot to get the kids excited but he accidentally hit it too hard, breaking out the frame and sending it crashing to the ground. No one was standing underneath, thank God or else there would have been a Christmas Eve hospital visit. The other slip ups were minor in comparison. A little gum stuck in Santa's beard, fake wire frames making it hard to read the night before Christmas & the names on the presents, a bell left behind and a few adults making the mistake of calling "Santa" Bert. I'm sure he will have it down by next year but it was all a ton of fun and the kids loved it.
Relaxing at Nanny's the day before Christmas Eve
Three in Red
Joe, his mom & his step-dad
Doodle's gorgeous dress- I only managed to get pics from behind.
I might have to dress her up again and get some good ones
Stuffing Santa (that sounds kinda dirty, no?)
"What's that noise?"
Our tree on Christmas Eve
Don't worry all the presents aren't for Aubs.
Both sets of my husband's parents brought their presents for everyone over
We set up her kitchen so it would be the first thing she saw in the morning
We had everyone over to our house for dinner and to open presents. I made my best lasagna to date!
Olivia is a big deal in our house
All Olivia- all the time
New chair- thanks Nanny
Christmas was an overall success!
My only regret is that I need to take more pictures of everyone involved.
We have a big family and only about 25% is represented.
Wishing Everyone a Safe & Happy Holiday!
My Sister In-law and I took Aubs to see Santa this morning
The Hubs and I tried on two other occasions but the lines were outrageous
I though she was going to totally lose it but I really want a yearly picture with Santa
She did better than we expected
She cried but nothing crazy
I think the real reason she was crying was because we just took her out of the stroller and she wanted to walk
Not sit on some old fat guy's lap
The picture that we ended up getting was her chewing pretzels
but I still think it's cute
Last Year's Picture
I am linking up with the hilarious Mandy over at Harper's Happenings
Head on over to see everyone else's Santa photos